USPS® Every Door Direct Mail® (EDDM®) is an affordable targeted advertising technique created by the USPS for the smaller business owner that lets you map your marketing mail audience by age, income, or household size. You can choose to do some of the work yourself saving you money on address lists, and addressing your mail piece. Or, you can have The Direct Mail Agency do ALL the work for you. You can use the EDDM mapping tool to choose the ZIP Code™ and carrier route that will target your best possible customers—current and future.
The Pros and Cons of EDDM Mailing
- Target your audience based on geographic location.
- No postal permit required.
- No need to purchase a mailing list.
- Ideal for small business owners, and smaller mailings.
- Can save money if you do some of the work yourself.
- Non-personalized (Uses Local Postal Customer as “Name”).
- Must map your demographic area yourself online.
- Requires mail delivery to “Every Residential Mailbox” in target areas.
- Wider delivery window — Can take up to two weeks.
- Can only clear 5,000 a day at the local USPS.
- Cards are non-machinable so they cannot be co-mingled with 1st class mail.
- The customer needs to take the printed pieces and deliver them to the post office in banded stacks of 50 or 100 and be labeled by route.
- Usually, a 3% – 5% waste included by USPS in routes. These are extra cards you are paying to print and mail.
Did You Know?
The Direct Mail Agency can easily turn your EDDM mailing into a SIMPLIFIED MAIL FLAT, and get you a lower postage rate.
Call one of our direct mail experts to find out how: 1-888-359-1370
EDDM®/SIMPLIFIED MAILERS INCLUDE
- Custom Design Modification of any Truth Advertising Online Design
- 2 Design Proofs of Your Cards
- Full Color 2 Sided Printing on 12pt-14pt UV Coated Card Stock
- Route Saturation by Radius, Zip Code, or Drive Time
- Mail Preparation Services
- USPS® Documentation
- USPS® Postage
- Trucking and Delivery to Your Regional Post Office SCF
- Delivery by USPS to mailboxes
**IMPORTANT: BEGINNING 11/1/2017 THE USPS WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT 6 X 11 CARDS TO NON-RURAL ROUTES AS EDDM MAILING OR SIMPLIFIED MAIL. EDDM Postcards must be ordered in equal quantities from the chart below.
EDDM®/SIMPLIFIED MAIL – REG RATE POSTAGE PRICING
|6.5″ x 9″||PRICE/PIECE|
||43¢ – $1075|
|5000||36¢ – $1800|
|10000||32¢ – $3200
|15000||29¢ – $4350|
|20000||28¢ – $5600
|6.5″ x 12″||PRICE/PIECE|
||46¢ – $1150|
|5000||39¢ – $1950|
|10000||34¢ – $3400
|15000||32¢ – $4800|
|20000||31¢ – $6200
|8.5″ x 11″||PRICE/PIECE|
||49¢ – $1225|
|5000||40¢ – $2000|
|10000||35¢ – $3500
|15000||33¢ – $4950|
|20000||32¢ – $6400